INCLUDES 2 DELICIOUS HOLIDAY RECIPES
by Dr. Ben Lerner
The chemistry of our bodies is infinitely complicated. Just as Marty McFly found in the movie “Back To the Future” that interfering with his past would erase him from the present, science is currently demonstrating that interfering with the body’s natural intelligence to adapt via homeostasis, reduces the likeliness that we will continue to exist.
We have become extremely smart, but the challenge regarding technology is this: just because we can use a new innovation, doesn’t mean it is in our best interest to do so!
The current medical model does not address any of the physical laws of living. Healthcare should be the equivalent of an improved lifestyle, or a healthy safety net which removes harmful interference. Done this way, cause and effect work in our favor. Getting adjusted, eating vegetables, and exercising after a heart attack, for example, is a solution which not only helps the heart, but also creates a leaner, fitter, and more energetic body! In this case, the healthy solution’s only side effects are positive outcomes which don’t pose any potential harms in the long run.
Here are some delicious, sugar-free muffin recipes for your holidays. Good for your genes & your jeans!
1. Chocolate Pecan Muffins
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/3 cups unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (no sugar-check label)
- ¾ cup xylitol
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or water)
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line muffin -tins
- 1) Process pecans in food processor, pulse until they are meal
- 2)Add remaining dry ingredients and pulse
- 3) Add wet ingredients and process until well blended
- 4) Fill muffin papers and bake 20-25 minutes
2. Blueberry Muffins
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- ½ cup xylitol
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup frozen blueberries (or fresh work also)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin tins
- In food processor combine eggs, yogurt, grapeseed oil, xylitol, and vanilla
- Pulse in coconut flour, salt and baking soda
- Add blueberries and fold in to leave whole or pulse a few times to break up
- Spoon batter into muffin papers and bake 20-25 minutes or until tops start to brown
If you are interested in learning about or supplying Vitalleo’s Edison System, which provides the nutrients necessary to support the body’s inherent ability to heal and sustain health, click here.